Well, it may have taken 25 seconds to correct! JD > Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:47:10 -0400 > Subject: [AZ-Observing] Stupid computer (maybe operator) > From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > > Howdy all; > > As some of you know I am going through my observing notes and drawings > from over the years and putting it all together. It is a somewhat > daunting task and has taken many hours in front of the computing machine > just to get to here...maybe half way done. > > I realized today that I was not being consistent in what I called my > telescopes as I entered the notes. Sometimes it was NS 11 and sometimes > Nexstar 11. So, I quickly realized the Find and Replace feature on my > text editor could help. > > I put in Find "NS" and Replace with "Nexstar". Suddenly there were many > changes to the constellation I was working in. I thought "Gee, I did a > lot of observing with the Nexstar in Canis Major" and proceded along. For > some reason I needed to go back for a moment and then I saw what I had > done. > > Because I did not check the box to match the case of the input, it changed > EVERY "ns" to "Nexstar". So, "chains of stars" became "chaiNexstar of > stars" as did "portions" and others. > > To fix the problem demanded time with the human brain computer. I set the > search for "Nexstar" and let alone the good ones and changed the crazy > ones. The good news is that I only made about an hours work for myself, > it is a lesson worth learning. > > Clear skies to us all; > Steve Coe > > P.S. If you have a "all you had to do to fix this in 20 seconds was...." > please keep it to yourself, I have completed my fix and it worked. > > -- > See message header for info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please > send personal replies to the author, not the list. > -- See message header for info on list archives or unsubscribing, and please send personal replies to the author, not the list.