[AZ-Observing] Re: Stupid computer (maybe operator)

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 07:38:55 -0700

On 5/2/2012 12:01 AM, stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Let's see, I said please don't tell me any ways to prevent my troubles
> (notice those are NOT Challenges--they are problems) and now we have
> 1) buy a Macintosh and 2)use MS Office--I am using a text file editor from
> 11 years ago

I am still using a 15 year old WORD 97. I have WORD 2007 but it is more
than I want and so I disable it when I load Office Home and Student.
WORD 2007 has all these new features I never use that just bog it down,
plus, for some odd reason, they had to drastically change the toolbar. I
wonder what Einstein would think if alive today. He would have no time
to "think" because of always having to relearn how to run a program.
WORD 97 works good and I'll keep using it as long as it recognizes a
printer. It seems to me Microsoft over develops things. WORD 2007 may be
good for a business or large organization, but all these features are
not necessary for someone like me.
Stan