[AZ-Observing] Re: Refractor Comparison

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:29:56 -0800

I talked to Steve again at the SAC meeting last Friday. Sentinel seems
to be it (thanks Steve) unless someone wants to reopen the discussion
for another location. Some have mentioned a city site, South Mountain,
and Cave Creek. A dark sky site is not necessary for this, and if it is
held in the desert (low elevation) it can be held anytime during the
winter. For that matter, there is nothing to preclude from having
another in addition to Sentinel.

I will compose a list of about 10 objects for the refractorists to train
their telescopes on. The only thing needed now is a conductor to
coordinate changing eyepieces, whipping the telescopes to the same
object, etc., all done in sinc to the sound of Mahler's Symphony No.1 -
just joking about the conductor and music.
Stan