[AZ-Observing] Re: Refractor Comparison

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:43:17 -0800

My thought on the All Arizona Star Party is that because the field is so
big the purpose of a refractor fest, as Brian put it, might be defeated.
Unless an area of the field was cordoned off for those participating in
the refractor fest and those bringing a refractor would be willing to
set up in this area, having to walk all around the field (and I know how
extremely big it is) to compare refractors would be very-very difficult,
especially in the dark trying to find them amongst all the reflectors. I
do not think Sentinel would have the same problem because the field is
not that big as I remember from my visit years ago, and there is not as
large an attendance as at the All Arizona Star Party.

Any other ideas or enhancements on Bill's thoughts?
Stan