[AZ-Observing] Re: I-17

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:28:05 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/2003 7:48:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
bobe@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi All,
Welcome to the I-17 parking lot.  Ever since about February, I've been
coming to Prescott on week-ends, and did indeed start out using the I-17
parking lot, but recently changed routes

       There has been talk off and on over the past twenty years or so of an
alternative Rd to the top of the hill but as I understand the Rd coming out of
BlackCanyon City is not too good of shape. But I guess all you need is one
really bad accident and that is all she wrote for the evening. When I has
parked
at mile post 246 we were really parked. I mean we were out of our cars and
talking to everyone else. One couple walked about a mile up the Rd to see what
was happening I saw a kid ride his bicycle up the road. Never came back :-) I
guess who ever he was with picked him up. It was nuts. While driving through
Black Canyon City I could see the line of trucks and cars near the top and they
weren't moving then by the time I got just passed the last exit it was too
late. I was trapped. I guess the line extended all the way to the bottom of the
hill. That's quite a few miles of up to deal with. Like I mentioned when we
finally got going it must have been close to 8 o'clock then it was 15 to 25mph
then I bailed at the bumble bee exit. Its too bad we have to go so far out of
town now to observe when just nearly 25 years ago we went to Fessler's just
south of present day anthem. Thank you anthem. I wonder were the next big
development will take place maybe Cordes Junction.

     Clear Skies
     Dwight L Bogan