[AZ-Observing] Re: Eclipse

  • From: SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:09:45 EDT

Joe,

I did note one small sunspot almost opposite the moon about 3/4 the way to
the other limb. Very tiny. At first thought it was a speck of dirt on the file
folder I was using as a projection screen, but it was the only thing that
stay  put when  I moved the folder around :)

Rick

In a message dated 4/9/2005 4:04:34 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
joe.orman@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I got a  good view for several minutes right around 3:00 pm, through filtered
10x50  binoculars from south Scottsdale.  Small but distinct notch taken out
of  the sun's "left" side.  Couldn't see any sunspots.

--Joe  Orman

Rick Tejera

Editor  SACnews
Saguaro Astronomy Club