[AZ-Observing] Re: Eclipse

  • From: Andrew Cooper <acooper@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 22:39:56 -0700

I took a welding filter to work to allow some quick eclipse viewing.  We
had a much more noticable bite out of the side of the Sun here in
Tucson.  Ended up sharing the filter with several coworkers who did
appreciate the event despite its bring a fairly minor eclipse.

For the last decent partial eclipse I had setup a scope with a white
light filter at work for about 45minutes and had a good chunk of the
company viewing during the event.

Andrew