atw: Re: MS Word 2010 and change-tracking

  • From: Lana Brindley <lanabrindley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:32:03 +1000

On 18 July 2011 22:12, Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A few thoughts as to "why we put up with it":
>
> This isn't specifically a TW problem. Experienced consumers of all stripes
> already know that retail software is usually shipped with known defects. In
> the world of consumer products, software is the king of mediocrity.
>
> Occasionally, as with Firefox, a product will capture significant market
> share without significant marketing, simply because it is somewhat less
> defective than the market leader.

So the question becomes: what is it about Firefox that makes it better
(or "less defective") than other software? What's different about it?

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one
that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
--George Orwell
http://lanabrindley.com