atw: Re: Buying a new laptop

  • From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Australian Technical Writers List <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:29:16 +1000

Elizabeth Fullerton wrote,
>I'd like some opinions though - I'm considering buying a Mac.

FWIW, my partner recently bought a 15-inch Mac Powerbook. He's really picky
about computers, and wouldn't consider a Mac before it got the new
Unix-based operating system. He's been thoroughly impressed with the Mac
and all the stuff that's built into it. However, he never used Microsoft
Office or any of its components, so compatibility is a non-issue for him --
and thus I can't comment on that side of it.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Technical Editors' Eyrie  http://www.jeanweber.com/