atw: Re: Buying a new laptop

  • From: "Erisa Linsky" <slinka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:28:39 +1000

depreciation in the first year can be anything from 25% to 50% of the item.
After that it's about 20% a year till there's nothing left.  Your accountant
can choose a rate that suits your situation the best.
If it gets stolen or breaks down, then it gets written off and whatever
value was left you claim as an  expense in that year.