atw: Re: Buying a new laptop

  • From: "McShane Sonja" <Sonja.McShane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:19:57 +1000 (EST)

>> Why, apart from portability, would anyone want one of these things?

A couple of reasons I can think of:

* Because you don't have space for a desktop. I've had to dismantle my desk=
 to make way for bub's things, so for the time being I use a laptop on my d=
ining room table. (No, not ideal, but not all that bad either.)

* You can use them almost anywhere. Plus we have a wireless network set up =
so I can use it anywhere in the house. (That could be deemed a good or a ba=
d thing!)

A tip for when you have to use the laptop's keyboard for extended periods: =
put a book or something else underneath the back of the laptop to raise the=
 keyboard to the angle of a 'normal' keyboard (or your preferred angle). Ma=
kes typing much easier I've found.

Sonja