[argyllcms] Re: profiling camera

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 23:29:50 +1000

nino loss wrote:
> Just changing colprof to -un and -r0 got the values down to peak 0.6
> and 0.28! Also I set -al as C1 is expecting LUT with LAB PCS.

Yes, but this doesn't prove much with such a small number of test
patches. By setting -r0 the interpolation between the test patches
has low stiffness, and therefore may model the underlying
device behaviour in a _worse_ fashion than what you had before
without -r0. Remember that the real measure of accuracy is to the
actual underlying device behaviour, not the self fit to the test
patches.