[argyllcms] Re: profiling camera

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:55:29 +0400

Marco, I'm using "Digital ColorChecker SG" and I've created my own *.cht (with
some effort too). I suppose that discarding of 64% patch area is quite a big.
I'm discarding 50% of square (BOX_SHRINK 29.3). It seems to me intuitively
right because 50% it's a balance between usefull patch area and unwanted edges
and shadows from patch frame.

05.08.2011, 02:03 Marco Noldin wrote:

I'm trying too but the only problem is that I can't find the way to avoid white
scaling to Y=100.

You have to control the scanin result in the tiff file created with the -dipn
option (look attachments). I think that the sampling boxes are not on target
patches. I have created the .cht file for my miniCC with great effort and
strange setting: BOX_SHRINK 40.0 but it seems work.

I use:

scanin -v2 miniCC.cht miniCC.cie
colprof -v2 -q u -a m

I'm using custom target value, the result is Profile check complete, peak err =
4.378222, avg err = 1.602803 with the white scaled and the resulting images too
bright.

Marco