[argyllcms] Re: profiling camera

  • From: nino loss <nino@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 18:24:37 +0300

what other options, aside Profile Inspector are there to edit (except the now discontinued ProfileMaker/Editor)?

  nino

On 8/5/2011 12:13 PM, Nikolay Pokhilchenko wrote:
05.08.2011, 11:58 edmund ronald wrote:

    Anyway, there is little point in fully profiling a modern SLR, in
    my experience, they are superbly linearized. What you really need
    is just to establish the primaries, this will perfectly solve even
    nasty lighting for you. The hard part is just getting the Raw
    data, and writing the profile out. The core code is 3 lines, it
    can be done in anything including Javascript and Python.

    I know about this because it attracted my attention some years ago
    and I did it all in Matlab, worked perfectly.

    Does Argyll provide a way to write out an input  profile with
    given primaries?

Edmund, I've do the profile by the next manner (in MS Windows):

1. Compute the simple matrix profile by ArgyllCMS
2. Open the profile by Profile Inspector (http://www.color.org/ICCProfileInspector2_4.zip) and change the primaries and gamma as needed.