[argyllcms] Re: colprof problem

  • From: Marwan Daar <marwan.daar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:28:50 -0400

Good stuff, will you be sharing your results anywhere?

The initial plan is to use the modeling light from a Paul C Buff Einstein
studio flash. It's variable in 1/10 stop increments. The readout has four
significant figures for lamp wattage, and I've had superb results with the
equipment in general. I had considered using the flash itself as the reference
light without any gadgetry, and it's probably good enough for that...but I
wanted to go for the simplest geometrical option I could come up with for
something hopefully foolproof. Once I'm confident I've got the camera's sensor
accurately mapped, then I can consider calibrating other things against it, if
I feel so inclined.

Probably overkill...but it's the same sort of overkill that compels
undergraduates to re-calculate the gravitational constant and absolute zero and
the variance of the speed of sound with atmospheric conditions and so on.

b&