[argyllcms] Re: colprof problem

  • From: Robert Hansen <robertdeanhansen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 19:33:54 -0500

Have you tried qh instead, I made a profile and the peak delta was 2.1 with
an average .8 with the high quality setting using 1800 patches
On Jun 20, 2015 2:45 PM, "Hening Bettermann" <hein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Ben,

thank you for your detailed answer.
I have now created a profile with -v -Zr -q*m* -*as* -u, and that worked,
peak error 5.25..., average error 2.14..., fine.

I have earlier used -am, the 'gamma' matrix was just ignorance/sloppy
terminology from my side.

In my first post, I did not mention the background for my question, so
it's here:

The -am option assumes a linear input. I read that the Sony a7r raws are
compressed and hence not linear, so I had to find something new. Concerning
the linearity of the Sony raws, I get conflicting information. But to be on
the safe side, I will no longer use the -am option.

New question: since the -am profile was linear all the way, I used it both
as an input and output profile. What can I do now to get a camera-own,
linear output profile?

WRT -Zr: Why do you think I should not want it? My thought is: Better have
most colors accurate, and some very few OOG colors pushed rather than all
colors pushed with (almost) no need.

Thanks again - Hening.