[argyllcms] Re: colprof problem

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 21:08:30 -0700

On Jun 21, 2015, at 5:36 PM, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ben Goren wrote:

I'm unaware of any gamma 1.0 RGB working spaces. The lowest I'm aware of is
gamma 1.8, a good deal away from linear. 2.2 is typical.

"Working space" has different meanings in different contexts. When working
with CGI and compositing, a linear light space is generally preferred.

Ah -- that would explain it. I really only know the graphic arts side of
things, and I'm only tangentially aware of what "they" do with video. Video
scares me, honestly...bad enough to get _one_ frame right...and now I've got to
do that for dozens of frames _per second!?_ And my shutter speed is fixed, and
so on? And, similarly, two dimensions is quite the challenge, let alone three
(or four)....

b&