[argyllcms] Re: Strange problem in Fedora 10

  • From: Alberto Ferrante <alberto.ferrante@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 13:17:00 +0100

Thanks for your reply Graeme!
I am using the radeon GNU driver, the same that I was using before.
Kernel has been updated to 2.6.27, but I do not think the removed
support for LUT loading. I also tried the Vesa driver with the same
results..

About xrandr: -v is not saying anything about that, but when I used the
Vesa driver, dispwin was complaining about broken xrandr support. Thus,
I guess it is using xrandr. I'll check if I can find anything to monitor
X events and let you know... I also posted a similar question on the
Fedora mailing list...

Thanks again.

Best regards,
       Alberto

Graeme Gill wrote:
Sounds like a problem with the X11 server or driver not implementing
the video LUT setting properly. It would be interesting to
know whether dispwin is using XRandR 1.2 or the older
mechanisms to set the video LUT (-v may give a clue).
Conceivably it could be something other process resetting the
calibration all the time, but off hand I'm not sure how you would
determine this (I don't know enough about the modern desktop
environments to know exactly what is a likely culprit, or whether
it would be possible to trace all the X11 calls being send to
the server. Maybe xtrace ?).

--
Home page: http://www.alari.ch/people/alberto/personal
Photo galleries : http://albertoferrante.netsons.org