[argyllcms] Re: Strange problem in Fedora 10

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:32:19 +1100

Alberto Ferrante wrote:
Vesa driver, dispwin was complaining about broken xrandr support. Thus,
I guess it is using xrandr. I'll check if I can find anything to monitor

If dispwin is complaining about broken XRandR support, then
it is not using it. So that tends to eliminate XRandR as a
culprit. I'm not sure if you would get the behaviour you
see if any of the needed X11 extensions are not being loaded
(ie. extmod).

A desktop component that is constantly loading
the Video LUTs is still a possibility. Maybe you could
fire up a naked X11 session (no desktop components,
just the X11 server - I'm not sure how you do this)
and see if things behave differently.