[argyllcms] Re: Strange problem in Fedora 10

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:00:26 +1100

Alberto Ferrante wrote:
ArgyllCMS 1.0.3 and a Spyder 2 colorimeter. Dispwin (and also xcalib, actually...) loads the calibration profile correctly (i.e., no error messages and dispwin -V says that the loaded LUT matches with the one of the profile), but there is no visible change on the monitor when the profile is loaded. I can tell you for sure that, previously, you could easily notice a difference when you loaded the profile. I have also

Does anybody have an idea on how to solve this problem?

Sounds like a problem with the X11 server or driver not implementing
the video LUT setting properly. It would be interesting to
know whether dispwin is using XRandR 1.2 or the older
mechanisms to set the video LUT (-v may give a clue).
Conceivably it could be something other process resetting the
calibration all the time, but off hand I'm not sure how you would
determine this (I don't know enough about the modern desktop
environments to know exactly what is a likely culprit, or whether
it would be possible to trace all the X11 calls being send to
the server. Maybe xtrace ?).