[argyllcms] Re: Spyder

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 20:31:05 +0100

On vendredi 12 octobre 2007, Graeme Gill wrote:
> Mark wrote:
> > I am currently testing Lprof under OS X (it uses the latest Argyll
> > with support for the Spyder) but I can't get the Spyder to be
> > recognized - also not with the latest Argyll 0.70 beta build. The
> > Lprof guys told me it might be necessary to add this "codeless kext"
> > thing.
>
> There's no Spyder support in 0.7 Beta 6, since I'm still working
> on this, and other things. It won't need a codeless kext in any case.

Is it supported in the beta 7? And is the Spyder (first version) will be
supported as well? If I try to use dispcal, I get:

Setting up the instrument
spyd2: About to init coms
spyd2: About to init USB
icoms: About to set usb port characteristics
icoms: About to open the USB port
icoms: USB port needs opening
icoms: About to open USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev9 (ColorVision Spyder2)' <<<<<<
icoms: USB port is now open
icoms: Clearing any USB errors
icoms: usb port characteristics set ok
spyd2: init coms has suceeded
spyd2: About to init instrument

spyd2: Instrument reset
Reset complete, ICOM err 0x0

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 3 ICOM err 0x0

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 1 ICOM err 0x0
spyd2: about to read all the EEProm values
spyd2: all EEProm read OK
spyd2: about to download the PLD pattern
spyd2: No PLD pattern available!
The instrument can be removed from the screen.
icoms: delete called
icoms: closing port
usb_close_port() called
usb port has been released and closed
dispcal: Error - dispread failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

BTW, what is a 'PLD pattern'?

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org