[argyllcms] Re: Spyder

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 10:02:25 +0100

On samedi 08 décembre 2007, Graeme Gill wrote:

> Right, but is there an MSWindows install program on
> the CD ? I don't think you've listed the full contents
> of the drive. Somewhere there's something like:
> /setup/setup.exe, which is going to be pretty large
> (tens to a hundred megabytes). You can point
> spyd2en at this file. If this works, tell
> me the full path to the file, and I'll add it
> to the list that spyd2en automatically looks for.
>
> Alternatively if you've installed the Spyder drivers
> on MSWindows, see if you can find the file CVSpyder.dll,
> and point spyd2en at it instead. Again, if you
> tell me the full path to this file, I'll
> add it to the list that spyd2en automatically
> looks for.

Here are the results...

1) spyd2en didn't find the CVSpyder.dll file in the setup.exe installer; I
had to install the Spyder software (under wine) and manually find the
file; it is located in:

    Program\ Files/PANTONE\ COLORVISION/ColorPlus/CVSpyder.dll

2) pointing to the file, spyd2en correctly generated spyd2PLD.bin

3) first time I used dispcal, it correctly downloaded the PLD pattern to
the Spyder, but then failed to read the instrument:

$ dispcal -v -D -y l-m Spyder
Setting up the instrument
spyd2: About to init coms
spyd2: About to init USB
icoms: About to set usb port characteristics
icoms: About to open the USB port
icoms: USB port needs opening
icoms: About to open USB port 'usb:/bus0/dev2 (ColorVision Spyder2)'
icoms: USB port is now open
icoms: Clearing any USB errors
icoms: usb port characteristics set ok
spyd2: init coms has suceeded
spyd2: About to init instrument

spyd2: Instrument reset
Reset complete, ICOM err 0x0

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 3 ICOM err 0x0

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 1 ICOM err 0x0
spyd2: about to read all the EEProm values
spyd2: all EEProm read OK
spyd2: about to download the PLD pattern

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 0 ICOM err 0x0
spyd2: PLD pattern downloaded

spyd2: Get Reading retry with ICOM err 0x2000

spyd2: Get Reading retry with ICOM err 0x2000

spyd2: Get Reading retry with ICOM err 0x2000

spyd2: Get Reading retry with ICOM err 0x2000

spyd2: Get Reading failed with ICOM err 0x2000
The instrument can be removed from the screen.
icoms: delete called
icoms: closing port
usb_close_port() called
usb port has been released and closed
dispcal: Error - dispread failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

As I wanted to use a greater value for debug param, and found that now it
works! I even tried to disconnect and connect it again, but it's still
working...

Ok, so I will now make a real calibration, and see if it 'correctly' works
(there may have some differences between Spyder and Spyder2). I'll let you
know what I find.

Thanks,

--
   Frédéric