[argyllcms] Re: Spyder

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 20:47:59 +1100

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

1) spyd2en didn't find the CVSpyder.dll file in the setup.exe installer; I had to install the Spyder software (under wine) and manually find the file; it is located in:

    Program\ Files/PANTONE\ COLORVISION/ColorPlus/CVSpyder.dll

Sounds like a different version of the install program,
or a different install program.
I'll add the above to the list of paths it looks for, although
I doubt this will be of assistance if you're using wine.
You could run spyd2en -v on setup.exe, and send me the verbose
output.

3) first time I used dispcal, it correctly downloaded the PLD pattern to the Spyder, but then failed to read the instrument:

spyd2: Get Status
Get Status returns 0 ICOM err 0x0
spyd2: PLD pattern downloaded

spyd2: Get Reading retry with ICOM err 0x2000

Hmm. You might find that the instrument is unreliable. I had
some difficulty with the Spyder, getting it to work reliably
under OS X and Linux. You might find it works every second
attempt ?

Ok, so I will now make a real calibration, and see if it 'correctly' works (there may have some differences between Spyder and Spyder2). I'll let you know what I find.

Good to know it works some of the time.