[argyllcms] Re: Spyder

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 03:01:10 +1000

joh3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
        I was wondering how the progress of getting a ColorVision Spyder
working was
going? I have been playing with the code Graeme posted on Yan Ki's Spyder Hack
blog, and was wondering if there is anything else i can do to help?

Well, it seems to be running on my systems, although there was some
effort needed to make the result both useful and distributable due to
the firmware it needs (the end user must supply this), and there
was a hack needed to get it working with Linux USB (end point toggle
issues). I haven't tested it a great deal yet, as I've been sorting
out the Huey, which has a degree of complication due to it being
labelled an HID device. Using libusb on OS X to communicate with an
HID device requires a codeless kext, which is inconvenient to install.
Communicating via the HID driver allows it to "just work".

cheers,