[argyllcms] Re: Spyder

  • From: Mark <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:25:09 +0200

I am currently testing Lprof under OS X (it uses the latest Argyll with support for the Spyder) but I can't get the Spyder to be recognized - also not with the latest Argyll 0.70 beta build. The Lprof guys told me it might be necessary to add this "codeless kext" thing.

I'm new here so I might have missed the instruction on how to create/ install the "codeless kext". Could someone around here give some more information about it?

Cheers
Mark

On 12.10.2007, at 15:59, Stefan Döhla wrote:

Hi Graeme,

I recently posted some of my findings on my blog at
http://colorhacks.blogspot.com/ - basically I discovered mcalib which
seems to be using libusb for driving the Huey. I haven't tested it -
although I have a Huey at home now.

But that's good news that the next release may include support for
cheaper colorimeters.

Stefan

joh3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I was wondering how the progress of getting a ColorVision Spyder working was going? I have been playing with the code Graeme posted on Yan Ki's Spyder Hack
blog, and was wondering if there is anything else i can do to help?

Well, it seems to be running on my systems, although there was some
effort needed to make the result both useful and distributable due to
the firmware it needs (the end user must supply this), and there
was a hack needed to get it working with Linux USB (end point toggle
issues). I haven't tested it a great deal yet, as I've been sorting
out the Huey, which has a degree of complication due to it being
labelled an HID device. Using libusb on OS X to communicate with an
HID device requires a codeless kext, which is inconvenient to install.
Communicating via the HID driver allows it to "just work".

cheers,