[amc] AMC Update

  • From: Austin Mennonite <austinmennonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 18:28:43 -0600

*I.J. and his sons, Feroz and Farhad, volunteer at Bastrop MDS, Nov
29.[image: Inline image 3]One finished wall on the Jones' house, Nov 29,
MDS Bastrop..[image: Inline image 4].[image: Inline image 5]I love this
fuzzy photo from the Nov 24 children's story showing God the chef and her
helpers whipping up a sweet batch of creation!  Thanks for the image,
Rebeca!Sharing Joys and Concerns - Sunday, Dec 1*

   - Laura D. - Jim Emmert from Houston Mennonite Church is in the hospital
   in very serious condition after falling and breaking his leg and suffering
   cardiac arrest.
   - Peggy - George received news that his mother is dying of pancreatic
   cancer.  His ECT has been postponed.
   - Fran Powers (MDSer) - friend in the hospital.
   - Hannah - thanks for the welcome to AMC, moving into co-op housing on
   Monday.
   - Anna - enjoyed Thanksgiving at AMC.
   - Dolly - Becca receiving a promising young professional award from the
   local chapter of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education,
   Recreation and Dance.
   - Stacey B. - appreciated the opportunity to work the Bastrop Mennonite
   Disaster Service unit on Friday.
   - Sarah P. - enjoyed working at Bastrop too.
   - Ann - concerned about children who have to work to help support their
   families.
   - Stacy - requested prayers for himself and Jen in the challenges and
   joys of parenting.
   - Henry Janzen (MDSer) - enjoyed meeting and working with AMC folks.
   - Yvonne - affirmed work of service organizations such as Mennonite
   Disaster Service and Mennonite Central Committee.
   - Aaron - shared how Eli is very anxious to meet everyone at AMC and how
   much he is enjoying having his great-grandmother nearby.

*Calendar*

*Dec 5, THU, 7am *- Men's breakfast at Jim's Restaurant, 183 and Burnet.

*Dec 7, **SAT**, **10am-1pm* – Trinity Child Development Center’s
28thAnnual *Sharing
with Santa*. Great family Christmas outing that benefits TCDC.

*Dec 8* *,  **SUN**,  **12:30pm**  - *meal  provided,  1-2pm
congregational Meeting.
Update, discussion, on visioning, goals, strategies for next 3 years.
 (Handout attached to this email.)

*Dec 8, 15, 22, **SUN**, **10:30am** – *Choir practice in Annex 1.  Contact
Ron Diener (rondiener@xxxxxxxxx).

*Dec 13, FRI, **7pm* – Recorder Society Christmas Concert at AMC.  Various
size recorders, strings, ensembles.  Delightful. Bring a snack to share.

*Dec 15, SUN, 4-8pm* - AMC Christmas Open House at Bob Koehn's home, 7809
Cheno Cortina Trail.

*Dec 19, THU, 7pm - *Women's Group meets at Terri Lever's home, 5509
Delwood Drive.

*Dec 24, TUE, **7pm** – *Christmas Eve Worship.

This coming Sunday, Dec 8, we hope you will stay for the noon meal that
will be provided and take part in the congregational meeting from 1-2pm.
 Over the past several years there have been task forces, retreats, and
other ways we have worked at dreaming about the future of Austin Mennonite
Church.  We will offer a summary of that journey and then discuss the
attached document which identifies six priorities and goals that have
emerged from our discussions together.  This Sunday we would like to test
these priorities with the congregation and come up with specific strategies
to help us accomplish this vision over the next three years.  "Embracing
God's Call" is the theme of the proposed vision.  I hope we can explore
this vision together this coming Sunday.

Peace,

--
*Lee Lever, Pastor*
*Austin Mennonite Church*