[amayausers] Re: thread breaks - help

  • From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:42:29 -0700

Rod,
YUP, and the cool part was it was on sale for $1.99. Best money I have spent in a while. I also picked up a pair of forceps at a drug store. Clamp a needle in them and they give me better control over my needle placement. As a side note, after doing this for a little over 2 yrs., and with the help of those on this board, I think I am over the hump. That point where you can decipher is it a design or machine issue and what to do about it. That point where you are not worried to death about is the dang thing gonna work and you begin to trust her. How to keep feeding the Goddess so she regurgitates money. Thanks to all!!!

Herb
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jean A. Allen" <jaa1943@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My tech told me not more than 15 degrees but that 5 degrees was
the best.  When I go much past 5 degrees, I get thread tails at
the start of a pattern.

--- "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When we went down to NJ for a week of training, and also when
a machine tech
stopped in once, we were told 15 degrees, might be off but we
watched to see
how far it was turned. Best I can figure without a
protractor-if the needle
'straight' is a clock, and you are looking at 6:00-so the eye
of the needle
would end up pointing at 5 pm...make sense? but it works-stops
most of the
thread breaks.

From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:00:45 -0700
To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I had read that the eye turns to the right only
5 degrees! which I guess would be counter clockwise.
I would be watching to see if too much of an angle
keeps the hook from catching in the needle scarf.

I also thought 5 degrees was much more than it actually is.
when I looked at a protractor I realized that 5 degrees was
in fact a very small amount.

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches
1-888-435-0176