[amayausers] thread breaks - help

  • From: "Lee or Terri Hoover" <lhoover2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:12:44 -0500

Hi All,

I thought I was getting better at understanding some of this embroidery
stuff.  However, I now believe I'm back to square one.  I cannot seem to get
a sew out on lettering of less than 2000 stitches (no less than 10 fraying
thread breaks).  The thread creates a lump/knot on top or below the
material, frays and breaks.  I've changed needles, rollers, threads, needle
#, material thickness, bobbin, bobbin case, oiled and have not made it any
better.  What am I forgetting?

Oh, and I sewed this 7 times last week without a problem (and attempted to
sew it in the same way).  Here's the details:
Lydian .45 in
Stitch length 20 pt
Connections - closest pt
Stitch type - satin
Pull comp 120%
Density 4
Short stitches off
Primary underlay - center walk 30 pt.
Tie in/tie off - only when necessary
Speed 1100 spm
Material thickness 3-6 tried all of these (last week used 5 successfully)
Lettering "Got Sheep ????"
Thread breaks are not in the same place.

Sewing on Gildan 100% cotton t-shirt using polymesh backing "adhered" with
Stick It spray adhesive.

What can I do to remedy this?

Thanks,

Terri Hoover