[amayausers] Re: thread breaks - help

  • From: "Lee or Terri Hoover" <lhoover2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 07:54:35 -0500

Hi Sharon,

The Lydian-Dak in Design Shop is more of a block style. Has some tails to
give it a "cursive" flair.  Thread is ARC poly, I assume it is 60 but it
does not say in the catalog.  Using Organ 75/11 BP needle.

I just sewed it on broadcloth with cut away backing at speed of 800.  One
fraying thread break, with a lump of thread on top.  Better but still don't
think in a "perfect" world that should happen.  Not I've tried it at 700 on
knit, no adhesive, criss/cross poly - 1 thread break.  Well, at least I
should be able to get the job done using this method, maybe slow the machine
more.  At least, it won't take me the 1.5 hours to sew one shirt last night!

Thanks for your help

What keeps the knit fabric from moving without the spray adhesive?

Terri