[amayausers] Re: thread breaks - help

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 08:14:18 -0400

How about the angle the needle is 'turned' in the shaft? I've had the same
problem (and now pretty much refuse to embroider on 'teeshirt' material-just
takes too much work) and after checking everything you mention, I find my
wife (who does most of the setup) isn't turning a new needle to get the 15
degree or so angle counterclockwise. Also, a tendency to have the plate just
a hair to the left of dead center. Once I reset the needle and set the plate
back to the right, usually that stops it!
Another similar problem was fixed when we started replacing the top rollers
at the 2 million stitch mark-worst thread breaks were happening on the
rollers with the most wear. Probably a combination of all 3 things but
changing it helped!