[amayausers.com] Re: patches

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 23:52:04 UT

This message was posted by Carolyn on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/886.html#000003

If you are lookin for the material to make your patches with there is a company
call carr textile.  They have all the material you will need to make your
patches.  The cotton twill is good but they also have a Emblem twill that is
what most big companies use.  If you contact them they will send you sample
cards, color chart etc.  Call an ask to speak with Kim she is great.  My
husband is a biker and I got all the stuff I need there to make his patches and
the turned out pretty good.  I also found a guy how did the merrow edge for me
and also provided the heat sealed backing or the right backing for sewing on
the patch.  Even if you sewn the patch on,  with the wrong backing on leather
that could spell disater especially if the person has to return there colors
for whatever reason and the patch has to come off. There is the also the the
option of a hot knife which seems to be what you need.  This will give you the
professional edge you are looking for.  If you need more help j
 ust let me know and I will help as I can.  I hope I explained this good enough
it was confusing as heck for me when I first tried but now I know a bit more it
helps.

Carolyn