[amayausers.com] Re: TrueType font troubles?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 00:33:39 UT

This message was posted by Greenwing on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/806.html#000009

The problem you all are having with TTF (TrueType Fonts)Ione that you will have
with may fonts that are out there created for computer and printing use.
A true type font is a vector object and that is why they can be convered to
stitches.

HOWEVER the reason they ca have problems overlays, bad underlay and just down
right horrible stitching is that they are created using points just like our
embroidery designs.
BUT because they are not intended for stitch angles, fills, or pathing that we
need ing embroidery. they can be createds in a way that causes them to be great
looking black letters but really poor embroidery.

There are true type font editors out there and you can use them to add the
correct points  that allow the fonts to stitch well, But it is a lot of work.
I have found if you just look for good source for purchased fonts they will
help.
You truly do get what you pay for.
and Free fonts are just that free.
The software is not at fault.