[amayausers.com] Re: TrueType font troubles?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:05:46 UT

This message was posted by YDCustom on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/806.html#000001

The TrueType fonts just sew crazily, at least in my experience! I have some
fonts where, say, the vertical lines of a capital H are columns and have
underlay and I can adjust column width but the horizontal bar in the center
doesn't have underlay and I can't control it with column width.  It's a pain in
the behind!

The best solution I've come up with is to separately digitize an underlay for
each letter fo the alphabet that I use the most, at my most common size, and
save each of these as a file on my desktop (or wherever).  Then I digitize the
TT font and then copy and paste the underlays in, rather than using the
auto-underlay.  This way, I get consistent underlays on all of my letters and
only have to do minimal tweaking to adjust size and sometimes alignment.  It's
far faster than messing with underlay each time I create a new file!