[amayausers.com] Re: TrueType font troubles?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:17:32 UT

This message was posted by MJ on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/806.html

Hi all, I've been having major problems with using TrueType fonts and have been
working with Mark and Gary at Melco. Using regular DesignShop Ver. 9, I create
files using about 2" letters on an arc -- and over and over again, the files
either will totally not load in AOS or if it does load, some of the letters
will be there and others won't. Also, the underlay is not working like it's
supposed to. I set it for 2 types of underlay, and some letters have underlay
and some don't. I've sent these files to Melco and they say that yes, there is
a definite problem with using these TrueType fonts and they don't know what the
solution is. This is a MAJOR problem for me -- the only reason I purchased the
XTS was to make large biker back patches! And I can't just choose a different
font, because the clubs have to have the font they always use! Yes, I can
convert to wireframe and do tons of "repairing", but that is not a solution for
the long term and I don't have the time to do that wit
 h every order! I can make the file in my Brother digitizing software and then
load it into AOS, but then it is no longer treating them as letters, it breaks
the letters up into a bunch of smaller objects with tons of trims and other
craziness that I have to go in and try to make it run more efficiently--which
is also a nightmare. And I don't have the Pro version of DS, so I can't even
use the Alphabet Editor! Anyone else run across these problems? Any advice? I'm
freaking out and starting to wonder if I should regret making this big
investment in the XTS or Melco! I've been reading all your posts for many, many
months and have learned so much--I hope you can give some suggestions and
encouragement! Thanks, MJ, Everything Embroidered