[amayausers.com] Re: TrueType font troubles?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:05:53 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/4/806.html#000012

I agree with Jerome on this one. My thought is that when you pull in a TT font
into DS, it's converting or "autodigitizing" (no such thing really) and there
are way too many points, then you're adding more automated instructions like
underlay, which might be the culprit causing the crash --- i.e. too many short
stitches in one area, or too short and too long. I would like to see the
software companies cease advertising their digitizing programs to claim
automatic punching. My car is an automatic but it doesn't get me to my
destination without some serious assistance on my part. I've yet to find a
program that even almost automates digitizing correctly. Lettering is one of
the items in embroidery that needs to be done well to look good -- and without
a skilled digitizer manually programming the correct instructions for a clean
route, the file is vulnerable to corruption and crashing the program, not to
mention the jig your machine would be doing if it were to try and sew out t
 he file.

GF