[amayausers] Re: Trade Show FLOP!

  • From: Lisa Griswold <lisa.griswold@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 05:11:29 -0700 (PDT)

It's now "the morning after," and I think I've calmed down a bit.  We went into
this trade show with the mind-set that we would do our best, expect the worst,
but know that we'd learn something valuable from the experience (an expensive
one, but valuable nonetheless).  We knew this going in.  I guess when your
worst fears become a reality, it stings.
  We are going to try to "play" with the machine today in order to better
understand it.  We'll sew things on practice pieces, mess with settings, browse
through designs, and try to make the most of our time.  It's a good time to try
some of these things.  With any luck, customers will interrupt us from our
day's agenda!

  (Sorry for all of the whining earlier!)

  Thanks for all the support,
  Lisa
Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Lisa

After reading your post and your husbands ..... its sounds like you are
new to embroidery. If you are, then I think you may be moving too fast
[for your own sake].

I would suggest [just my opinion] that you may be better off taking your
time to gain a real good handle on embroidery [machine operations,
stabilizers, editing designs for specific materials, needle selection,
hooping, etc.] before setting up a booth at a trade show, stitching on
site or putting designs on customer supplied items. If you wish your
business to succeed, it is important that your work is good enough to
sell before offering it for sale. Quality stitching will bring in the
repeat customers and have them recommending you to their friends,
relatives and business associates.

I say this not to discourage you but to try and save you some frustration.

Good luck.

Bob