[amayausers] Trade Show FLOP!

  • From: Lisa Griswold <lisa.griswold@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amaya amaya <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 18:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, All,

  Just got back from day one of two of our Spa Trade Show.  What a disaster!
We were told that there were an expected 15,000 visitors to this show.  I would
put my estimate at around 500, and this is only bc the show next door let out
while our show was still going on.  Half of our customers (or lookers) were
other vendors.  I don't know how a show can reel you in with promises of high
pre-sold ticket numbers, and not back it up!  I'm tired and frustrated.  AND I
have to go back tomorrow!

  On a less negative note, can anyone suggest some quick one-off ideas to keep
the machine running while trying to get orders from others?  We are bringing
bath and hand towels to monogram on site.  We thought this would be a good
crowd gatherer (to see the machine in action).  We sold one set of hand towels.
 Yippy!

  Also, can anyone suggest a better way to choose trade shows?  This was the
first year for this show - I've figured out not to go with first year shows all
by myself!  :)   Other constructive advice would be great!

  Thanks for listening to me gripe,
  Lisa Griswold
  Impressions
  Atlanta