[amayausers] Re: Trade Show FLOP!

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 23:31:34 EDT

I've done three chamber business shows. The first year I didn't bring my
machine but a power point presentation and continuously looped. The second year

I brought the machine....much more attracting! I stitched rather large designs
 on totes so the machine just kept running. I didn't try to stitch out any
orders. The third show I brought the machine and fleece scarves for a show
special. I still had totes to stitch while no orders were sewing (you can
always
stop the stitchout and later reload to keep going). It is difficult to be by
yourself but alas I have no one who can help. Fortunately these shows are
small.  The booth fee has only been $250 and I've always come away with orders
cover  that fee but not overly so. It has been good to keep my name in front
of people  (including other vendors). Even though they may not order, they may
pass my name  along to someone else.

So while it may have been a little early to do trade shows, hopefully it
will help as you go visit your target customer ("You may remember me from the
trade show.....").

Hope this helps.
Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered