[amayausers] Re: Supplier Prices Troublesome

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 13:58:33 -0400

It isn't just the suppliers 'tucking it to us' with 'added' shipping =20
costs. If you don't watch your invoices and see a 'box' or 'handling' =20=

fee then they also stick it in the UPS charges because you can't =20
double check that..we started having companies just 'bill' it to our =20
own UPS account-and suddenly saw them ADD a $2-5.00 fee for doing that!
We know they get a lower rate (hundredweight charge) or bulk shipping =20=

rates-that are way below what you see on the UPS website...so they =20
bill US at 'regular' rates. Take that away, and they 'add' the =20
service charge.
Another thing to watch-UPS has almost 80% of NH, 90% of Vermont, and =20
I think ALL of Maine as 'rural' delivery area-and tack on $2 PER =20
PACKAGE no matter if you are commercial, home based, or like us, =20
DOWNTOWN in the city...not out in the woods! And they get away with =20
it! We complained once-talked to a UPS rep-and their excuse was 'your =20=

rural areas are too far from the distribution center'.... bullsh@#=20
$.....we are 45 miles from the terminal....
so that means every truck that comes to Claremont, lets say has 500 =20
packages on it-4 trucks I believe-that is $4,000 PER DAY pure profit.
Keep that in mind when you figure your pricing-always ADD IN FREIGHT =20
charges to get your 'true' net cost for anything. Don't absorb =20
it...no one else does!
Milk is over $3 a gallon, but the farmer only gets about 25=A2 if he's =20=

lucky!

Roland=