[amayausers] Metallic Thread

  • From: <dsklar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 10:25:45 -0500 (CDT)

I recently had a job with 8 caps (unstructured), polos, tees, and sweats.  All
used the same logo.  Parts of the logo were stitched using metallic thread.
Everything went fine except for the hats.  It took several hours to get the
hats done.  There was a thread break every few rows.  It seemed to make no
difference whether it was stitching the underlay (density irrelevent) or the
actual fill.  The polos, tees  sweats sewed without problem using a 75/11BP.
For the unstructured caps I used two layers of medium tearaway backing.  I
started with a 75/11 sharp went up to 80/12 sharp (don't have bigger), changed
needles (to new ones and location on the machine), but could not make any
difference.  The problem area is not on or near a seam.  I played with the
material thickness as well.  The cap was on a WACF.  I have done plenty of
caps.  I have done some metallic before.  But this is the first metallic on
caps.  Any thoughts on what the problem was?  Thanks.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!
Arlington, VA