[amayausers] Re: Marks on Ballcap bills

  • From: "Laughing Palm Inc." <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:12:48 -0400

LOL...I was wondering what a "toque" was, too!  Glad we cleared that up.

On a more serious note, don't you have to worry about the color of the
beanie rubbing off on the ballcap bill?  I had that issue when I tried
putting some backing material between the bill and the frame - it rubbed the
color of the backing onto the bill!  That meant that now I had to concern
myself with the COLOR of the material I put there to protect the bills.

And to answer someone else's question: Yes, it always occurs when I'm having
to put a design close to the bottom of the cap, which brings the bill up
against the thread holder bar.  Just seems to me to that the "depth" of the
frame is too much for properly stitching ballcaps near the bottom of the
front panel - in other words, a design flaw in the space used at the bottom
of the needle case - or more specifically, the distance between the needles
and the thread holder bar - which I measured to be JUST OVER 1.3 inches!  I
can't believe all other commercial embroidery machines exhibit this
potential issue with stitching ballcaps.

I will try to "unflex" the bills to see if that helps, but some bills -
especially sandwich bills - are too stiff to uncurve much.  I'll also see if
I can bend the bill holder back a bit without breaking it, but I don't hold
out much hope for that, since there's very little leeway at that low of a
point on the bill holder.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

Jim