[amayausers] Re: Marks on Ballcap bills

  • From: Jo Leftwich <leftwichjo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 07:17:03 -0700 (PDT)

Jim, I do ball caps all the time. In fact, I'm doing
them now and never had a mark on the bill. I do take
hold of the cap bill in both hands (facing me) and
flex it out to make it flat. Then lay it flat, measure
across the bill, mark the center and hoop it. I flex
it again before hooping it, put it on the machine,
center on the mark on the bill and sew.

--- "Laughing Palm Inc." <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> I am curious if others are experiencing the same
> issue I'm coming across
> with ballcaps...
>
> When I use one of the cap frames (doesn't matter if
> it's the wide angle or
> standard frame), the back side of the needle case
> frame rubs against the
> center of the cap bills and produces a subtle, but
> noticeable, horizontal
> mark.  Since I tend to avoid doing ballcaps, this
> isn't a major issue for
> me, but I'd like to know if this is a normal, or is
> there some kind of
> adjustment I can make to avoid having that metal bar
> rub against the ballcap
> bills.  I tried putting some material between the
> bill and the bar, but it
> didn't help very much.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Jim Sulsona
> Laughing Palm, Inc.
> Custom Embroidered & Screen Printed Products
> Post Office Box 957073
> Duluth, GA 30095-9518  USA
> Toll Free: 1-877-4EMBROIDERY
> Tel: 770-448-1171