[amayausers.com] Re: Looking for Bleachable Thread??

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 17:17:12 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1191/2.html#000019

Several things here...are you positive that the jackets she brought back ARE
the ones you did-could they have been ones she had done earlier by someone
else? Yes, I've had customers try to pass off someone else's mistakes as jobs I
did...just a thought...
and it's totally possible that the 'black' was a dyed red, dyed-to-make black
from a bad batch of red or something. Never heard of it before, but I'd lean
more to the fact that you didn't do the jackets, someone else did-and they used
red thread! Now the client is hoping to con you into redoing them. A total loss
for you-just the time spent to remove the threads before resewing is a loss of
probably 4 times in wages what the sewing will cost. Up to your boss...what he
wants to do as far as eating this order. Or grab a black fabric marker and
change it all back to black!
Good luck-and remember this the NEXT time this customer comes in that she's a
pain!
Also a suggestion-somewhere INSIDE the jacket, if you can fold over a flap
write in indelible ink the date you re-did the name on each jacket. Then if she
brings them in again, if your marking isn't there-it's not YOUR job! Don't tell
her about the markings-that's why you look for a flap you can hide it under-NOT
a flap where it will show through!