[amayausers] Re: Bobbin Tension ??

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:17:20 -0600

After reading your post Roland, I'm beginning to think machines just must be different. We have never used anything but NEB bobbins (plastic sided) and in the nearly 3 years we have been sewing on our machine(s), I can count on one hand the times I have had to adjust our bobbin for tension. Our machine sews best with a bit tighter bobbin tension--it takes a snap of the wrist and it falls slightly.

As for the cleaning, we check it by running a business card corner under it and in 3 years have actually found something under it once---maybe twice. Not using the cardboard sided bobbins seems to be our saving grace. With the plastic there is no lint. When we did find something, it was a very tiny piece of thread. If we see bobbin coming up to the top we just increase the material thickness until it stops. Bobbin adjustment just doesn't seem to be an issue--we set it and forget it.
Sharon

GIF image