[amayausers] Re: Amaya XT vs other machines, your thought

  • From: "Brookside Designs" <vendors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 09:52:23 -0400

Steve,

We started our business in 2001 with a one head Barudan Elite.  That =
machine
is a workhorse but we did have a learning curve with it (as you will =
with
any machine).  Service and support with Barudan is terrible when =
compared to
Melco.  As other people have stated, one phone call will get you results
with Melco, the same is not true with Barudan.  A huge factor to look =
into
is the warranty.  The new XT's offer a five year warranty.

As for the XT only being on the market since January, you have to =
remember
that the XT is based on the technology of the original Amaya and =
therefore
you should look at the machine being on the market for several years.

I shared your thought about the XT's plastic construction looking =
'cheap'
compared to the Barudan.  All I can say is that I believe keeping the
majority of the parts in plastic allow for the higher sewing speeds.  I
could be wrong, but I know our XT's run circles around our Barudan.  In
fact, having three XT's is like having six Barudans because they run =
almost
twice as fast.  Our Barudan's max speed is 750 stitches per minute for
quality embroidery compared to our XT's running consistently at 1200
stitches per minute.

I truly believe the XT is a remarkable step forward from the older =
Amayas.

Kip Biddle, partner
Brookside Designs
Dansville, New York=20