[AI] Re: ergent please see this

  • From: Aruni Sharma <aruni100@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 11:40:01 -0700

Hi Mukesh, I also faced problem while opening an account with the ICICI
bank. However they allowed me to have a joint account and did not make a
fus about the debit card. Later when I opened another account with the
SBI, they were refusing to give me a debit card and said that only my
sighted partner could avail of this facility. After much persuasion the
thing was achieved with both of us getting a separate debit card.
Much depends on the whims and fancies of the dealing officials as they
are not aware of the rules if they are any and resist entertaining an
unusual request.
Thanks,
Aruni.