[accesscomp] Re: windows security issue

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:10:48 -0800

I'd have to disagree here a little.

These tools just don't reliably get rid of bugs.  They do a pretty good job of
keeping them out and cutting them off at the pass but once they get in your
system you just can't trust the pc any further.  Even using one of the online
scanners can be problematic because the virus redirects you to what you think
is an online scanner and is actually a site running by the bad guy that looks
the same but introduces yet more malware.  If you take the route of scanning
and not reformatting then never ever use a credit card from the pc again and
assume everything you do from now on is being read by a bad guy.  Do what you
want but I just wouldn't trust it if you have a bug in the system.  Would you
have sex with an aids patient with full blown aids even with a condom?  Likely
not because there is still potentially risk, same here.  To late for the rubber
my friend.;)

I don't mean to be crude just show you the gravity of the situation.