[accesscomp] Re: windows security issue

  • From: "Scott Granados" <gsgranados@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:40:52 -0800

I totally agree.  That's part of the way these bad guys get machines is by
creating fake PC scanns that they claim return your PC to the state it was new.

The only time I've gotten a virus is when someone let one loose in a company I
was working for and they didn't have proper IPS installed.  What I can tell you
though is coming from the service provider background, you'd be shocked how
many infected machines are out there.  More frightening still is how many are
out there and their users don't even know.:(