[access-uk] Re: the new newspapers site from r n i b

  • From: Ari Damoulakis <aridamoulakis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 17:19:02 +0200

Hi Derick
As far as I understood the message, they're taking our email service
away. This is a nuisance because it was just so easy for me to put the
paper on the daisy player, now you have to go to a web site with an
illogically-sounding address, log in, click on millions of links just
to get to the actual download of whatever you want. Of course I'm not
saying its too much effort, but two problems I have is firstly, the
email one's much more efficient, and secondly, how do you then know
you can go and download, because sometimes the paper or whatever isn't
even ready, so you might be checking the site often for nothing.
Ari