[access-uk] Re: the new newspapers site from r n i b

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 22:19:33 +0100

hi steve well i must agree with you that can be done what is it like with the
android tablets i did it with the iphone and yes as you say it works. and again
i must agree with the braille devices because of progress like the sense you
cannot use youtube now on it. they are working on it but unlless the hardware
with these things are vastly improved nothing will happen with them they will
slowly get left behind in some areas of access. as you say as braille devices
still sell for thousands with a small braille display and an iphone the same
can be achieved with regards to read newspapers via the web. a lot of thought
must have gone in to it by the rnib so we must all accept change. maybe the
email section does cost a lot to maintain but for some people who are not too
computer techie it is a god send to have the mags emailled to them. anyway
hears to the future.